Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Andreas' Self-introduction

My name is Andreas Ekberg, I'm soon to be 30 years old, I'm married with a slovenian woman since 6 years and we have a 5 year old daughter together.

I've lived abroad in Czech Republic and Slovenia for a few years and studied a little bit of English, German, Slovene and Japanese on university level, but some time remains before they are properly finished with degrees.
Currently I'm studying a preparatory year for engineers at LTU in LuleƄ parallell with German from University of Dalarna.

On the side I work as a semi-professional musician at "The Road House", which is a rockbar & restaurant as well as an eventclub. We play everything from the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's as well as modern music in the range of jazz, blues, rock, pop.

I have not yet been to Japan, but I plan to finish the bachelors degree in Japanese from University of Dalarna and then take on an international masterprogram in physics where one semester will be located in Germany and the final semester will be in Japan.
In particular, the intention is to work with Japanese linguistics and philosophy for the thesis and later on if possible, maybe continue the asian / religion / philosophy studies on a higher level.

If possible, I would also like to go to Japan before this takes place and see it for myself.

I have many interests, although most of them are academical; music, philosophy, religion, psychology, linguistics/languages, math and physics. Otherwise
I of course enjoy Japanese music of all kinds, as well as anime; which was my first contact with Japanese over 12 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment